Thursday 2 July 2015

Lemon Meringue Pie

This recipe is from the Stork Cookbook which I obtained in school when I was 14. I only added half the sugar as I like my lemon tart not sweet :)


Short crust pastry case or make your own
4 level tbsp cornflour
1/2 pint water
1 oz Stork Margarine
Grated rind and juice 1 lemon
8 oz caster sugar
2 eggs (I used 3 as they were fairly small)

Blend cornflour with a little water to a smooth paste
Put remaining water and stork in a saucepan and bring to the boil
Pour over cornflour and mix well; return to the heat and cook for 3 minutes
Remove from heat and stir in lemon rind, juice and half the sugar
Separate egg yolks from whites and stir yolks into lemon mixture
Pour lemon mixture into flan case
Whisk egg whites till stiff then whisk again with remaining sugar
Pile meringue onto top of pie sealing edges
If serving hot bake Gas 6 for 5-10 minutes; Cold on Gas 2 for 20-25 minutes