Saturday 19 July 2014

Greek Chicken

This is my take on Jamie Oliver's 15 minute version - I did herb bread and a salad with it as I am not keen on couscous. My chicken was lovely and cooked on the outside but needed 10 minutes to finish off in the oven after slicing

Greek Salad
  • Little gems lettuce (quartered)
  • Tomatoes (red & yellow)
  • Few Radish sliced
  • Small Onion sliced
  • Feta cheese cubed
  • Black Grapes - as I don't like olives
Greek Chicken
  • 2 skinless chicken breasts pounded flat
  • 2 tsp Oregano
  • 1 1/2 tsp Allspice
  • Lemon zest
  • Oil to fry
Tzatziki
  • 1/4 cucumber
  • 200g Greek Yogurt
  • tsp lemon juice
  • pinch garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp mint (from jar)

Mix all salad ingredients
Chop cucumber without the seeds and mix with other ingredients - chill
Toss chicken with spices and lemon zest; Fry in oil for 8-10 minutes; slice and if still pink in middle cook in the oven