Saturday 16 August 2014

Spicy Cajun Chicken

Another recipe from Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals - I would do it again but without the salsa so have not included the ingredients here for it. I also used green beans instead of Okra and no feta cheese. I made half of the recipe for 2 of us and did jacket potatoes in case we did not like the Sweet Potato and chilli  which I did in fact like.


3 Sweet Potatoes
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce

4 skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp cajun seasoning
1 tbsp polenta - I used cornflour
olive oil
4 rashers streaky bacon - I used unsmoked
175g Okra
20g feta cheese

1. Peel and dice sweet potatoes and put on to boil; when soft mash with the chilli sauce and keep warm
2. Fry the bacon until nice and crispy and set aside; if using Okra you can fry in the bacon fat until done and set aside
3. Slice the chicken breasts and toss in the cajun and polenta
4. Fry the chicken slices until done about 8-10 minutes
5. Serve the chicken on top of the mash with bacon pieces and Okra on top
6. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top